Saturday 4 January 2014

Beauty | Nude Brown / Brown Lip liner Swatches

When it comes to brown and nude lips, thats me right there! lol. I just love lipstick/lip liners that can help you achieve that nude brown lips that I want. In fact generally speaking, I love most brown make ups - my pretty much everyday eye look I wear is eyeliner with brown eye shadow (Bourjois Extrait 08). 

I love how lips with nude brown colour looks so simple and elegant as if when you look at it, it conveys that the make up is still there but still leaves you with 'Oh so simple, but such a beautiful make up' on your mind. I love how it's not excessively noticeable like any other vibrant colours such as red as a common. It's just the fact that nude brown lips makes you have that natural look that it almost give people dilemma of you not wearing any lips make up and you can have that 'natural look' as if you nearly inherited.

I currently own few brown lip liner that I want to share with you guys. If you're the lover of brown lips like me and you haven't purchased them before, you'll have a rough idea of how they look. They are:
  • Max Factor 14 Brown n Nude
  • Max Factor 16 Brown n bold
  • Rimmel London 046 Ultimate
  • Maybelline New York Eyeliner Matic Brown-Sepia
  • SEVENTEEN 17 Mocha
Do note that most of the colours in the swatches sort of tend to look similar. From reddish brown to dark brown. 


Max Factor Color Elixir 14 Brown n Nude


Max Factor Color Elixir 16 Brown n bold


Rimmel London 046 Ultimate

Maybelline New York Eyeliner Matic Brown-Sepia
Yes you may have noticed from the name that this is an eyeliner. It doesn't really matter if you put on your lips though. Doesn't affect you. I loved the colour that this particular eyeliner had for the type of brown lips I wanted to obtain. 

17 Mocha

All the lip liners were purchased on different timings. I don't use the lip liners just to draw the outline of my lips. I literally use them as a proper lipsticks too. They are too pretty to use them for just the out-linings hehe.  Before I start drawing the outlines with my lip pencil, I first apply my lip balm on the lips for the drawing to be smooth and fine. Then I start filling in my lips and I love how with the help of a lip balm, it is so easy to apply the lip liners just like a lipstick without worrying about the lips drying out. Most colour swatches in here look sort of the same or close enough.


Now if you are like me, I have a problem with colours of lipsticks / lip liners not being able to look on my lips how they actual look when you swatch on your hand skin when testing the colour. This is because I naturally have pink lips so when I put them on, the colours do not look the same as it blends with my natural pink lips. Sometimes I try putting concealers on the lips first as the base and put the lipstick later which will help me achieve the 'right' colour on my lips. Sometimes this doesn't work as the concealers really dry my lips out badly which doesn't look very nice. So I have kind of stuck with no choice but accept with the 'blended' lipstick/lip liner colour on my lips. If you have any ideas or techniques you want to share with to help me achieve the best 'true' colour as possible please do leave comments, you're most welcome too : ) <3

Where can you get them?

Max Factor Color Elixir
- Brown n nude
- Bold and brown

http://www.boots.com/en/Max-Factor-Color-Elixir-Lip-Liner_1228319/

Rimmel London 046 Ultimate
http://www.superdrug.com/rimmel-london/rimmel-exaggerate-lipliner-ultimate-46/invt/698860

Maybelline New York Eyeliner Matic Brown-Sepia
http://remakeup.co.uk/eyeliner/23601-maybelline-eye-liner-matic-brown-sepia.html

SEVENTEEN 17 Mocha
Sorry guys I tried my best to find a link where you could buy this one but can't seem to find it. Not even on ebay! I bought this one in boots but even boots website seems to run out of this one. Bad luck :(
However, if you want to check out other SEVENTEEN products here's the boots UK link.
http://www.boots.com/en/17/?cm_mmc=bmm-_-google-_-Boots+Beauty-_-Seventeen+Makeup+-+Phrase



Thank you for reading beauties : D

No comments:

Post a Comment